Job title: Principal RWE Research Analyst //
Company: Novartis //
Job description: Job Description
- Produce analytic deliverables, including full study reports for RWE or observational database analyses projects.
- Support project management by coordinating project activities and timelines as well as issue management.
- Independently draft and edit documents such as high level research proposals, protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Develop project timelines together with the Real World Evidence (RWE) Data Scientists.
- Appropriately track communications with the customer as well as project related decisions taken.
- Provide guidance to less experienced analysts on study design and analysis activities.
- Conduct observational data analyses involving new creative approaches and oversee data management and statistical programming activities.
- Provide guidance to conduct data quality reviews with detailed documentation.
- Present research and analysis results to customers and stakeholders.
- Produce analysis datasets, listings, tables, and figures for research projects, according to specifications, while maintaining documentation and complying with pre-defined project / study standards.
- Perform in-depth research and quantitative and qualitative analysis independently. Provide guidance to Associate RWE Research Analysts and RWE Research Analysts.
- Seek out opportunities for the development of new RWE services and new customers within Novartis.
- Maintain familiarity with technical developments in RWE, epidemiological and data science fields.
- Support in talent identification and advancement as well as hiring of new talent and team expansion strategies.
- Develop department-level standards, tools and templates.
- Contributor to RWDA business development.
- Collaborate with RWE Center of Excellence (CoE) to drive quality and accuracy of deliverables; constant improvements on systems, processes and quality matrices that add value to existing solutions.
- Help on-board new team members, as appropriate, and complete special projects as assigned.
- Regularly elicit customers’ satisfaction levels with Data Science’s RWE services. Identify service areas requiring attention.
- Encourage customer participation in the Product Lifecycle Services customer satisfaction (CSAT) survey.
- Manage the outsourcing of programming activities from Data Science to an approved vendor in accordance with Scientific Services vendor management procedures.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ years conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry (e.g., clinical research, statistics, epidemiology, pricing).
Master’s degree in a field such as epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics or similar. And 5+ years of experience conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry.
PhD in a field such as epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics or similar. And 4+ years of experience conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry.
- Experience in the application of statistical methods to the analysis of observational data.
- Technical proficiency in analytical and visualization tools and statistical programming languages such as SAS, R, R/shiny, Tableau, Spotfire, SPSS, STATA, WinBUGs.
- Deep knowledge of RWE data sources and standards such as MarketScan, CPRD, JMDC, Optum, PharMetrics, OMOP.
- Expert in applied statistics. Extensive experience in the application of statistical methods for analysis of observational data including propensity scores, sensitivity analyses, etc. is a plus.
- Good understanding of organizational processes. Extensive experience working cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders.
- Open to experimentation and taking smart risks to support creative thinking that leads to practical solutions to healthcare and business challenges.
- Holds a high standard on quality excellence. Continuously seeking to enhancing standards, technology through expansion of knowledge and training.
- Support teamwork to swiftly and efficiently deliver innovative new products to patients and healthcare providers.
- High ethical values and standards.
- Able to speak out, challenge conventional thinking, and stand up for ideas.
- Experienced in data visualization.
- Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely completion.
- Confident and competent when interacting with internal stakeholders.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills. Highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and evidence.
- Strong team spirit.
- Publications or presentations in recognized RWE/biomedical journals/conferences highly desired.
- Prior experience working in pharma/biotech/CRO/RWE organizations.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/netw
Research & Development
Expected salary: //
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana //
Job date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 06:58:44 GMT //