Job title: Senior Scientist //
Company: Novartis //
Job description: Job Description
Plan and perform scientific experiments (or pilot plant processes) for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures in collaboration within a multifunctional project team coordinated by a Project leader. Contribute to maintenance of lab instruments/infrastructure.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects; Perform and document scientific experiments
;Plan & organize scientific experiments under minimal guidance from more experienced team members. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader, Scientific Expert or other team members during the whole process if necessary. (I)
2. Provide documentation of raw data (I) ;Evaluate and Contribute to interpretation and report results under minimal guidance from more experienced team members. (I) ; Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments. (I); Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) or contribute to new method development and reproduce published methods and develop more efficient ones. (I)
3. Generate lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP’s. (I, N) ; Actively transfer procedures/instructions to pilot plant or production, including troubleshooting, process steering controls etc. (I)
; Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under moderate guidance from more experienced team member. (I)
4. Keep record of and manage chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility. (I)
5. Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP. (I) ; Act as mentors for new joinees
6. Utilize special tools/equipments and/or specialized facilities e.g., containment/sterile labs. (I) ; Evaluate new lab equipment. (I) ; Schedule and perform routine maintenance and calibration of lab instruments/equipment & contribute to maintenance of infrastructure/equipment. (I)
7. Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networks. (I) ; Actively contributes to team goals. (I)
8. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process. (B) ; Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines ;Strategic and scientific contribution to Networks, target achievements according to net-work charter and annual objectives (I)
1. PhD on technical subject with 6 years of industrial or relevant experience. or Master of Science with 10 years of relevant experience Fluency in English language
2. Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment. Broad theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area (e.g. manufacturing, analytical, pharmaceutical)
3. Skilled scientist with expertise on LCMS and MS/MS analysis including structural elucidation and characterization of impurities, trace level quantification as well as data interpretation.
4. Experience on dealing OOS/OOE and deviations involving above mentioned analytical techniques
5. Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools. Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
6. Good documentation skills
7. Good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) ;Advanced scientific/technical writing skills Wide experience on de-formulation studies of the drug products , especially in the microscopic evaluation of drug component.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Research & Development
Global Drug Development
TECHNICAL R & D GDD
Expected salary: //
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana //
Job date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 04:33:07 GMT //