Job title: SW Manager //
Company: Harman //
Job description: Additional Work Location(s) :
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages a team of approximately 50 engineers in the development and integration of amplifier product embedded software and/or DSP software.
- Plans and directs activities of the Software development engineering department including personnel resource allocation to the program teams.
- Manages resource levels and determine if outside resources are required to complete planned workload. Manages selection and usage of outside resources to meet project staffing needs.
- Maintains engineering staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. Supervises engineering personnel through coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising of job performance.
- Establishes processes for the development, integration, and release of software.
- Interfaces with internal customers to ascertain customer satisfaction and takes appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction relative to group performance.
- Maintains engineering standards by establishing and maintaining policies on software design standards. Identifies and implements methods and practices that improve effectiveness of teamwork, and maturity of software development.
- Ensures appropriate design tools and computer hardware are available, maintained, and capable of operation at the highest efficiency.
- Lead the development/improvement of the software process and tool chains
- Support manufacturing test software development teams to ensure manufacturing testing functions properly and aligns with software standards.
- Support software validation team in development of test planning and methods.
- Coordinates resource allocation with other software departments.
- Works on annual department budget, head count and other administrative duties.
- REQUIRED Specific Knowledge, Expertise, Coursework
- Development and integration experience in embedded software and/or DSP algorithms for the automotive or equivalent environment
- Senior Manager shall have knowledge of all software development principals and practices, ability to develop and present technical data, resolve internal and external conflicts, negotiate and resolve issues, communicate and motivate employees, conduct employee reviews and hire talented employees
- Experienced leading software development teams in an ASPICE compliant process
- Experienced in defining and/or improving software development tool chain
- Self starter and self motivated
- High level of leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills and can interface with peers, leadership, and customer teams
- Technical expertise in embedded software and/or DSP software development
- Compliant to all processes and policies
- REQUIRED Degree and/or Training, including specifically defined educational equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- REQUIRED Certifications/Licenses
- None required
- Preferred to have executive training course, program management course training, financial course training, PMP (Program Manager Professional) certification
- Functional safety and/or ASPICE certifications are not required but would be beneficial to the role
- REQUIRED Specific Prior Experiences
- 3-5 years management experience
- 10+ years experience in developing embedded software and/or DSP software for automotive applications
- REQUIRED Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to use a computer and other common office equipment
- Ability to travel by airlines is required
- Customer focus, able to plan and organize, efficient, flexible / adaptable, reliable, motivated
- Listening skills, teamwork skills, problem solving skills, communication skills, negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a group and coordinate development efforts with electrical, mechanical, and software engineers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak comfortably, clearly, and confidently in front of an audience
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Expected salary: //
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka //
Job date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 06:16:46 GMT //